There’s a lot to learn about self-publishing and I certainly don’t know everything. However, I thought it might be helpful for others just starting out to read what I’ve learned so far. I’ve broken this up into sections:
- Why isn’t my book selling? Discusses your cover, blurb, Look Inside, and more.
- Understanding AMS ads (the basics). For more detailed info, see the AMS section in the marketing your fiction link below.
- How to market your fiction book using low cost means.
- Handling criticism, especially negative reviews.
- Cover artists – a list from highest to lowest cost. I mention this also in the marketing post at the bottom, but it’s worth a separate link, too.
- KDP paperback cover calculator – this does the same thing their downloaded Excel sheet does but it works online.
You can also find the original forum posts by following these links: